Today is the day!!!! DreamWorks Animation’s TROLLS movie is finally out in theaters! This movie is said to be a smart, funny, and irreverent comedy about the search for happiness, and just how far some will go to get it. This hilarious film transports audiences to a colorful, wondrous world populated by the overly optimistic Trolls, with a constant dance in their step and a song on their lips, and the comically pessimistic Bergens, who are only happy when they have trolls in their stomachs. These aren’t your old school Trolls with Gems in their tummies, but rather Super cute Trolls with Big eyes, same wild hair, and a brightly colored fashion sense! To Celebrate, let’s bake…
We were given a $25 gift card to help with our baking expenses. I opted for a simple mini angel food cake pan and Russian piping tips via Amazon. I had everything else I needed here at home to get started on the cake mix. We were brought up making our own cake batter rather than boxed mix, but it’s definitely preference. Here’s all you’ll need to make our yummy mix:
* 1lb. Granulated sugar
* 1lb. Salted butter (Sticks cut into pieces)
* 8 LARGE or JUMBO eggs (If you use medium or smaller, use 12 eggs)
* 8oz. Pineapple Juice
* 1lb. All purpose Flour
* 1 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
* 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Dominican Cake Batter:
makes up to 16 mini Angel food / bundt cakes or 36 cupcakes
1) In the mixer, Add Butter (cut into squares) and the sugar. Mix at low velocity for 3 minutes. Then, bring it up to medium velocity and let mix for 18 minutes. As you wait for the 18 minutes to pass, Use this time to grease up your cupcake or cake pans and heat up your oven to 350 Degrees (Fahrenheit)! Add the baking powder to the flour and stir a little.
2) When 18 minutes are up, Bring down the velocity of the mixer to minimum and alternatively add the Flour and Pineapple juice. (Some Juice, Some flour, some juice, some flour, etc… The Last thing that should be added is the Flour). Once You’ve added the juice and flour, bring the speed back up to medium velocity and let mix for 3 minutes.
3) When 3 minutes are up, add the eggs one by one as well as the Vanilla extract. Let mix for another 3 minutes.
4) Once those last 3 minutes are up, separate your batter into greased angel food cake pans. Place in your heated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. If you push a finger lightly on top and cake bounces back, it’s ready. double check by poking with knife to check inside moisture.
To give it a little Trollified look, use a Russian ball icing tip and spin it upwards. This motion will create a Hair-Raising effect that’s completely fitting! They came out so delicious and my daughter couldn’t wait to dig in!
Overall, we always have a great time creating new and delicious treats! Now here’s a $25 gift card Giveaway in honor of the movie…