I don’t know about you, but I find Valentine’s Day a lot more amazing now that I have a toddler! The crafts, the recipes, the hugs, the laughter… It all fills me with joy! However, my kid will be filled with Joy from watching her favorite Sesame Street Characters on HBO this Valentine’s Day weekend. Here are two fun and healthy Sesame Street inspired recipes and a Giveaway!
Valentine’s Day isn’t just about showing love and affection to your partner, it’s about showing it to everyone you adore and admire in your life. This is the third year in which I’ll be celebrating Valentine’s day with my baby girl. She enjoys helping me create Valentine’s related crafts, draw, paint, cook, and more!
Gabby is a curious soul. She loves to learn and gets really excited about doing so. As my child grows, her bilingual voice is getting stronger. She differentiates some words, but has so many more to go. Me Encanta that Sesame Street On HBO will be showing a brand new episode that’s all about showing love to our family and friends on this Valentine’s Day Weekend. Check out this wonderful Behind-the-Scenes (BTS) clip of Sesame Street character Rosita teaching (Gabby’s Favorite) Abby Cadabby words of affection en Español in anticipation of Valentine’s Day.
To Catch the entire episode with your little Valentine, you must tune in to HBO on Saturday Morning, February 13th at 9:00 am ET/8:00 am CT.
Now for the Fun and Easy Sesame Street inspired recipes. We made Sesame Street Noodle Surprise for Dinner and Abby Cadabby’s Magical Roll up for Dessert!
Sesame Street Noodle Surprise
1 box of preferred pasta
Natural food coloring
1) Cook Pasta as Per box instructions.
2 Prepare your snack baggies with 2 – 3 tablespoons of water and 10 – 20 drops of food coloring depending on How vivid you want them.
3) When pasta is done (al dente), Strain out the water and immediately run out through Cold water to halt the cooking process.
4) Separate equal amounts of pasta into baggies, seal, and massage the color into the noodles. Let sit for 1 minute.
5) Strain pasta 1 at a time and run through cold water to remove any excess coloring. Place back into cooking pot. Repeat with all colors.
6) Serve as is or make it a monster of a meal!
Abby Cadabby’s Magical Roll up
What You’ll Need:
* 3 Cups of your favorite Fresh fruits (Chopped, hulled)
*1-2 table spoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
* Parchment Paper
* Sugar (optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees F. Combine the fruit (and sugar if used) in a blender. Add the lemon juice to taste (use 2 tablespoons for apples or bananas) and puree until smooth.
*If using fruits that have tiny seeds like strawberries, you can use a mesh strainer to separate and make even smoother.
2) Transfer the pureed fruit to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Gradually reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporates and the mixture is very thick.
3) Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or nonstick foil. Use spatula to spread the fruit on the mat or foil into a thin layer. (Not too thin or it’ll crisp) Bake until barely tacky, 2.5 hours to 3.5 Hours.
4) Once done you can take it out and Let the fruit “roll-up” cool completely. Peel off of the mat. If the roll up is still moist on the underside, put it back in the oven for about 20 more minutes. Lay the leather smooth-side down on a sheet of wax/parchment paper and use kitchen shears to cut it into strips on the paper. Roll up the strips and store in snack baggies bags for up to 1 week!
We had so much fun making these recipes and eating it too. Now it’s Giveaway Time! Enter Below…
You Mustn’t forget to tune in to HBO to watch your favorite Sesame Street characters on Saturday mornings at 9:00 am ET/8:00 am CT. I’d Love to hear from YOU now.