That’s something I consider myself. No matter where I shop, you will most likely catch me by the clearance section or in the regular aisles checking dates on bar codes to see what the production dates were (yes, some products do show this). However, It was not always like this for me. I want to give you 3 easy Tips to finding the best Clearance deals and sales.
In 2005, I got my first job. That job started me at $6.75/HR , then by the 7th year I was making $14/hr. I was a high school student and my worries were the nicest clothes and hottest sneakers. In 2013, I lost that job meaning my almost $500 a week also ended. I could no longer afford full price, but my love for the nicest things still lived. I also had a new baby and we all know buying baby stuff means happiness. Clearance Racks, coupons, and high value discounts became my Bestfriends.
If you have time and look through all the rack and all the sections you can find amazing things such as:
* Name brand clothes for under $5 a piece
* Strollers for $139 from $399.99
* Super Cheap Toys
* Nike or Air Jordan sneakers for $19+ etc.
Now lets get on to the Clearance Shopping Tips.
1) Shop On Thursdays : You’ll most likely find the very best deals on Thursdays because that’s when stores will usually bring out their newest stocks and mark down old ones to get ready for the weekend. Not all things get marked down on Thursdays, but many items do. I happen to have a Markdown schedule for Target specifically.
Monday – Electronics, Accessories, Kids Clothing, Books, Baby and Stationery
Tuesday — Domestics, Women’s Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)
Wednesday — Men’s Clothing, Health and Beauty, Diapers, Lawn & Garden items and Furniture
Thursday — Housewares, Lingerie, Shoes, Toys, Sporting Goods, Decor & Luggage
Friday — Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry
2) Head Straight to Clearance : I noticed that when I head straight to clearance I spend way less than when I start “browsing” at the regular racks. I usually find the BEST stuff in the Racks that end up being better than the current new merchandise. I was actually able to get my daughter a 4-in-1 winter coat for $26 from $90 in the Summer! Which brings me to my next Tip.
3) Shop Seasonal Clearance : This is the best way to find awesome clothes for the Next year. It’s easy to shop seasonal clearance for kids. I’ve been doing it for 3 years and it’s worked amazingly! Just purchase size up for Children clothes and be sure to do this in early February for Winter clothing, August for Summer Clearance, and Mid- Late September for Back To School Clearance. Also Get your hands on Holiday clearance by shopping the week (or 2 weeks) after the holiday passes. Ex: Shop Halloween Clearance first week in November, and Christmas Decor in January.
That’s How I’ve been living my Cheap Shopaholic Life. Do you have any Clearance Shopping Tips?
Add them to the comments below!