I am a huge fan of any type of delicious milk chocolate with a crispy rice center. Hearing that M&M’s® Crispy was making a comeback, I couldn’t wait to try it! I headed to my local CVS, walked to the front counter, and grabbed an individual bag of M&M’s® Crispy. After that first bite into bite-size milk chocolate crunchiness, I knew I had to put my mind to work on what delicious Latino recipe I’d add some crispy flair to.
Before I show you how to bakes these awesome cupcakes, let’s talk about the funny M&M’s® Crispy commercial airing on TV. It’s funny and I always giggle at them! Check it Out…
Don’t you love it? EasterValentine’s Day is almost upon us, therefore I want to show you how to make yummy Dominican Cupcakes (or cake) with a mouthwatering Strawberry preserve and M&M’s® Crispy mixed filling! Of course, I had to go back to CVS and grab the BIG BAG of M&M’s® Crispy. Now let’s get our ingredients together:
* 1lb. Granulated sugar
* 1lb. Salted butter (Sticks cut into pieces)
* 8 LARGE or JUMBO eggs (If you use medium or smaller, use 12 eggs)
* 8oz. Pineapple Juice
* 1lb. All purpose Flour
* 1 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
* 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Dominican Cupcake Batter: makes up to 34 Cupcakes or 18 cupcakes + 1 small cake
1) In the mixer, Add Butter (cut into squares) and the sugar. Mix at low velocity for 3 minutes. Then, bring it up to medium velocity and let mix for 18 minutes. As you wait for the 18 minutes to pass, Use this time to grease up your cupcake or cake pans and heat up your oven to 350 Degrees (Fahrenheit)! Add the baking powder to the flour and stir a little.
2) When 18 minutes are up, Bring down the velocity of the mixer to minimum and alternatively add the Flour and Pineapple juice. (Some Juice, Some flour, some juice, some flour, etc… The Last thing that should be added is the Flour). Once You’ve added the juice and flour, bring the speed back up to medium velocity and let mix for 3 minutes.
3) When 3 minutes are up, add the eggs one by one as well as the Vanilla extract. Let mix for another 3 minutes.
4) Once those last 3 minutes are up, separate your batter into cupcake liners and/or greased Cake pans. Place in your heated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes if making cupcakes and 35-45 minutes if making a cake.
**Ovens Vary, Be sure to check up on your delicious bakes.
Strawberry Chocolate Crunch Filling:
* Hand Mixer
* Strawberry Preserves
* M&M’s® Crispy
* Sandwich Bag
* Medium bowl
1) Place some M&M’s® Crispy in a sandwich bag and crush them.
2) Add 1/2 a jar of strawberry preserves to the bowl and mix for a few seconds to break it up.
3) Add The crushed up crunchy M&M’s® Crispy to the strawberry preserves and mix for 1 minute. Taste and add more Strawberry preserves or M&M’s® Crispy if you’d like. Then cover it and wait for cupcakes or cake to finish baking.
Are we done yet?
To check if your cake is done, simply stick a butter knife or wooden skewer in the middle and pull out. If there’s still batter on the knife or skewer, then let bake for a bit more. When the cake is ready, Take it out of the oven and let cool for a good 5-10 minutes! You can use the cooling time to make or prepare your icing. Store bought is fine. I used the nozzle of a filling bottle to make a holes in the middle of each cupcake and added the filling using an icing bag with NO tip (The M&M’s® Crispy won’t let it pass through the nozzle). Use a spatula for filling a cake.
After filling all the cupcakes and/or Filling the middle of the Dominican cake, it’s time to Decorate! I whipped up some fluffy icing and got to work! I couldn’t wait to see the end product and I love how it turned out. The cake and cupcakes weren’t too sweet, were super moist, and the center was fruity, crispy and delicious!
Did you find our recipe to be a delicious addition to your EasterValentine’s Day festivities?
How would you incorporate M&M’s® Crispy into Your desserts?
Leave your comments below and feel free to Tweet, Pin, share on Facebook by using the easy share buttons!