Oh how I miss the delicious snacks of the 90s! One of them being the incredible Dunkaroos. While many of my friends LOVED the Chocolate dipped version, I couldn’t help but always steer towards the Cinnamon Graham Dunkaroos. I’ve always thought they were discontinued forever, but according to the internet, They are very much still being made in the Canada factory that manufactures them. Being that I’ve searched everywhere and refuse to pay $13 for a pack of 5 Dunkaroos, I’m here to bring you an Easy DIY recipe for the Dunkaroos Dip with the one ingredient that makes it super sweet and many others miss!!
First off I’d like to state that I tried this recipe the regular way with the “3 Ingredients” that everyone writes about, but I did NOT like the taste. I mean it was good, but did not give me that nostalgic feeling that I was hoping for. So I thought “why not experiment?” Being that almost EVERYONE has Vanilla Extract in the kitchen, I grabbed ours. We bring ours straight from the Dominican republic. I don’t know if there’s a difference, but it’s what we’ve Always Used! The results? Oh So Nostalgically Sweet!
What You Need:
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1.5 – 2 Cups of Plain Yogurt
- Half container of Cool Whip
- Teddy Grahams (Any Flavor you desired will work)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing spoon
2) Cover the bowl and place in your refrigerator. Let it cool for 4 hours.
3) After it has cooled, take it out of the fridge and add the Vanilla Extract. Mix. Taste. If you love the keep as is. If you want it a little sweeter, add another 1/2 teaspoon.
Voila! Now you’re ready to put it in a nice dipping bowl and dip your Teddy Grahams in. Nothing will ever be as amazing as the original, but this is surely a CLOSE 2nd. My daughter Loved the snack and I was happy to have a Trudeau FUEL Snack & Dip on hand so that she could take it to school.