This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BIGSeason #BigLots
I can’t believe the holidays are here. It’s as if the year flew by. What better way to get into the holiday spirit with your family than by shopping and creating fun recipes. Now don’t let the title fool you, this recipe tastes amazing. I’m going to show you how we get ready for the holidays and teach you how to make Santa’s Snow Covered Reindeer Poop treats. This Holiday Treat recipe super easy to make and if you have a fun family, they’ll love it!
We really love to get into the festive holiday spirit in my home. So it was only right to head out to Jersey for one of our monthly food/decor shopping trips. Upon mapping destinations that sold holiday decor and food items, I came across Big Lots! It was only 20 minutes from my home so we were excited to see what the Big Lots Hubbub was All About.
Let me tell you a little bit about my experience. As soon as I entered the store, I saw so many things. I’ve walked up and down the food aisles, I walked through the seasonal section, etc. I pretty much found almost everything I needed in one store which is shockingly amusing! I fell in love with all the holiday decor and wanted all of it. There were beautiful signs, lovely gift boxes, nice trees, cute ornaments, themed gingerbread houses and so much more!
If you’re more it into the holiday meal planning and baking, then Big Lots will be your go-to shop as well.
Big lots carries high quality ingredients and cookware for all your needs this holiday season. The best thing is, you do not have to sacrifice quality for prices. I was also pretty shocked to see furniture in the store meaning Big Lots can be your Year round shop stop. Now let’s get on to creating Santa’s Snow Covered Reindeer Poop!
* 9 Cups of Chex Cereal (I prefer Chocolate Chex, but any combination works)
* Holiday Sprinkles
* 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips (you can use white morsels too)
* 1/4 Cup of butter or margarine
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla
* 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
* Large Mixing bowl
* 2-Gallon (or two 1 gallon) Resealable Food-Storage bag
* 4 tbs of peanut butter (This amount is for those who don’t like too much PB. You can opt for none at all.)
1) Place the 9 cups of Chex cereal into the Large bowl.
2) In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, the optional peanut butter, and the butter or margarine uncovered on high for 1 minute. Stir it. Microwave it for another 30 seconds or until it can be stirred smoothly. Stir in Vanilla.
3) Pour the mixture over the Chex cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Then pour into a 2-Gallon (or two 1 gallon) resealable Food Storage bag.
4) Add powdered sugar into the bag with the cereal. Shake until completely coated. Open the bag and add your desired Holiday sprinkles, then seal and shake a bit more.
5) Spread on to waxed paper and allow to cool. Store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
Now Sit back, Relax, and Enjoy the fun Snow covered chocolaty goodness that seems to come along after a Reindeer’s long night of Partying and eating Candy canes, snowflakes, confetti, etc!